• WELCOME TO PRISMATIC
    situated on a secluded isle in the city of hueport, kleur academy is a proud institution of learning for aspiring pokemon enthusiasts to become the next pokemon professionals in almost any field. we hope to see you soon!
    SUMMER: AUGUST
    08/02 just a reminder to not miss out on the summer soiree and join on in on the pokemon appreciation event for non-umbra members and the umbra summer event for those that are. also welcome to our newest lovely faces c: stay lovely~

06/19 HAPPY late BIRTHDAY PRISMATIC!! don't forget our site event- some activities have recently been cycled out so check it out. wow, guys. just wow. stay golden !

prismatic a laidback pokemon university roleplay set in chromasia island
  • site staff
    ADMINS
    SENIOR MODS
    ENCOUNTER MODS
    APPLICATION MODS
  • ratios + groups
    faculty
    competitive
    research
    selection
    miscellaneous
    undecided
    team umbra
  • otms
    MEMBER OF THE MONTH
    CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
    SHIP OF THE MONTH
    POKEMON OF THE MONTH

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

• meet me at the flagpole •, tagged: jon paxton
december cst she/her 23 Offline misselaineyous#1070
669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
fight club, canid appreciation
heterosexual
you're alive and have a soul
short. orz
her mission: get in, get a new pair of jeans, get out. piper religiously wore the same two pair of jeans and washed them far less than she'd like to admit. unfortunately for her, she'd recently destroyed one beyond the point of repair when horsing around with basil. he didn't intend to give off the tiniest lick of flames, but he'd just gotten so darn excited. thankfully enough, dill was always there to firefight and the instance wasn't traumatic, but the jeans had holes that spoke a different story. holes too big and too poorly placed to justify wearing them any more. with a strong dose of sadness, she'd disposed of the pair and set off on the very difficult task of finding new ones with one of her only free days of the week: saturday.

the mall, as it turned out, was packed. she was an hour into her search and had come up empty handed thus far. navigating her way to the food court, she threw herself down into a chair and pulled out her phone to surf the web for any store that might have anything close to what she was looking for. how was it so hard to find something as simple as jeans. piper's piplup, dill, looked up at her with inquisitive eyes- though, quite frankly, they almost seemed to be begging her to let him wander off somewhere. certainly he was getting bored with the whole situation by now. poor guy. she groaned, letting her phone clatter to the table and running a hand through her hair. there wasn't much worse that could go wrong with such an inexplicably frustrating day as this.

indigo pst she/they 23 Offline pistol cat#1145
445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes
'cause my scene it ain't over

piper hobbes

let's go

the mall was loud and filled with people and jon wasn't completely sure why he had come here. he was sure there had been a reason, but he had already forgotten what it was. not that it mattered, anyway. he probably meant to come here to kill some time until happy hour at synesthesia. jon had walked through some stores, starting first with the candy store so he could steal a bag of candy. but after that, the only thing that caught his eye was a large skateboard and that wasn't as easy to sneak out of the store with. not only that, but he was already carrying his own--it would be questionable as to why he was carrying two around.

having finished his bag of candy, jon made his way over to the food court. doing nothing sure did make you hungry. lady, his poochyena, was at his side, leashed tightly so she wouldn't run off at the first pokemon she saw. she had already growled and scared some poor kid with his eevee and he didn't want to get in a fight with an overprotective mom again.

arceus, it would be at least a good two to three hours before drinks would be sold at a reasonable price. with a sigh, jon made his way through the tables and just sat down in one without even checking to see if it was taken. he pat his lap, and without a moment's hesitation, lady hopped up, having to scrabble over his knees just a little bit. she panted happily before settling down, announcing her contentment with a short bark.

"yeah i know, i know," jon said, leaning back in his chair and ruffling her fur. "i'm feelin' purty lazy too, girl."

he slid his elbow onto the table to rest his head in his hands, and was surprised when his elbow hit something, and a second later, heard whatever it was clatter to the ground. jon looked at the phone on the ground, then finally looked to see the original occupant of the table.

"oi, you dropped yer phone."

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
short. orz
boy, had she ever been mistaken. as she stared in disbelief across the table at the character that had unceremoniously thrown themself down beside her, piper began to wonder if she should consider herself wildly unfortunate or thankful for the change of pace in the day. she settled on a deadeven split as her phone plummeted from the edge of the table before she could rescue it from its fate. she wanted to push herself up from the table and demand what the fuck he was even doing, but quite frankly was far too startled to even manage to form syllables. that is, until the scumbag dared open his mouth.

"oi, you dropped your phone."

like hell she did. her hands slammed down on the table, brown eyes narrowing in hostility. "you." piper's voice resonated with absolute loathing. she couldn't find any other words as her mind grappled for something other than the instinctual aggression that bubbled up within her. memories of their interrupted battle at the winter ball whisked past the back of her consciousness. how in arceus' name did he wind up here, at this time, right across from her. dill chirped almost as if in merry greeting to the sworn enemy. piper glared at the piplup, her look hardly registering in its tiny bird brain.

she glanced down at her phone on the floor, not even bothering to pick it up before glancing back at jon. if he had any decency at all, he'd retrieve the item he so senselessly knocked off the table. then again, it was likely too much to expect of someone of his breeding. "i knew you were an ass, but the least you could do is pick it up."

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

i would murder jon lol
(also sorry i didn't see this !!! )

well, okay, he definitely hadn't seen whoever was sitting at the table. looked at them, perhaps, but he couldn't be bothered to put the energy into trying to recognize whoever this was. his boredom level was high and so was his indifference. but then whoever it was kept talking, and jon lazily turned his head, an eyebrow cocked. to be honest, he didn't recognize her. should he? but out of all the small brown haired girls he knew, he wasn't entirely sure if he even did know her. maybe he had tried to pick her up at the bar or something.

did it even matter?

jon ran his tongue over his teeth as he regarded her. he was definitely much less interested in knowing who she was if she was going to be acting like that. did she seriously think he was going to reach down and pick up her phone? what did he look like? her maid? as irritated as he felt, his voice was much different, light and mockingly sarcastic.

"oh, but you're obviously closer," he said, looking down at the phone again. oh oops, he was mistaken. with one foot (but carefully, as not to upset the precious pooch in his lap), he reached out and kicked the device, sending it sliding across the short distance to stop just under the girl's chair.

"there, now you can reach. you're welcome."

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
you know how slow i am lol
"if your foot can reach it," she managed through gritted teeth, "you're close enough to pick it up." that little sonnuva- with all the furious grace she could manage, the brunette bent over to scoop up her phone, analyzing it for any scratch, crack or ding. "one little mark on this thing and you can consider your life over." piper brought the device close to her face, squinting at in. in all honesty, she half-hoped she'd find something worth fuming over, but unfortunately it seemed perfectly intact. she stowed it away safely out of his reach.

"you don't remember me, do you?" her face clearly expressed irritation despite her even tone. inside, she was seething. of course he didn't remember, though. he was dense as a golem. she was the goddamn captain of fight club. he was even a member. maybe if he showed up to a stupid scrimmage or something her face might ring a bell. as someone that couldn't remember a name to save her life, she really couldn't blame someone else that couldn't- but a face? maybe it was just because her face wasn't as dumb as his; not as memorable.

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

sorry piper

she was saying something again, but jon didn't care. he rolled his eyes before looking down at lady, who was panting, tongue lolling out to one side. absentmindedly, he ruffled her fur, her little head getting enveloped in his hand. part of him was already debating on walking away, especially if this girl was going to keep squawking at him like this. but the other half of him was defiant, and he wanted to stay. if she was getting annoyed, she could leave.

at her sudden accusation, jon turned to look at her again, brow furrowed now. should he remember her? there was something about her that was familiar, but --

"..nina...?" he started, before shaking his head. no, this wasn't nina. he thought.

giving up, jon shrugged, expression uncaring. it seemed like she was going to tell him where he should remember her from, anyway. "obviously didn't leave an impact."

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
take your time lmao
did he just- to be fair, of all the people that he could confuse her for nina was one of the least offensive. she wondered briefly how her friend even had the misfortune of knowing such a creature and what scenario it could have possibly happened in, but it seemed inconsequential in the face of her impending rage. this boy was going to be the death of someone- preferably himself. didn't leave an impact. oh, he was cruisin' for a bruisin', alright.

piper's palms made contact with the table in a manner that made the immediate vicinity go quiet, her chair clattering to the floor as she knocked it over upon rising to her feet. "ex-cuse you?" they got a few questioning looks from bystanders and dill ran around the table squawking in excitement as he fed off piper's energy. subtly had never been piper's strongest quality, to say the least. "you really are as dumb as you look, aren't you?" the words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop them. was she shouting?

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

just don't hit his face, that's all he's got

with a shrug, jon had looked away, assuming the conversation was over. he had clearly shown disinterest, and hopefully, this girl was smart enough to take a hint. he had finally figured it out. this "you look familiar" trick was old and jon had seen it done better before. besides, he already had nina to fit his small angry brunette slot -- he wasn't looking for another one. clicking his tongue against his teeth to further show that he was done with this conversation, he settled down further in the chair and started looking around.

when she slammed the table, jon jumped and lady started barking furiously at the girl across the table. incredulous, he stared at her for a moment, brow creased. was she serious now ?

with one hand, he muzzled lady, fingers forcing her jaw closed, though she merely transferred her anger into a low rumbling grow. she didn't know who this girl was but if she was threatening jon, she'd have to go through her first! and lady was a good dog and she would take down whatever puny pokemon she had, especially that dumb blue bird.

"y'know, i think that's you. i've clearly tried to show you i'm not interested -- you're the one who keeps talkin' to me." suddenly, he leaned across the table, a shit-eating grin stretched across his face. "i know i'm irresistible, but you don't gotta scream to get a boy's attention, sweets."

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
did this during class oops
That did it. she shoved a finger at his face. you’re the little jerkass that sat yourself down right across from me after ruining the damn winter ball for me.” Not like she had any interest in the event to begin with. Quite frankly, it turned out far more entertaining than it would have if she’d actually wound up with a half-decent date. She wasn’t about to give him that sort of satisfaction, though. “I don’t need your filthy attention.”

They were really attracting attention now. she could see a crowd just waiting to form as everyone tried to watch inconspicuously. In the back of her mind, she acknowledged that maybe she was being a little irrational, but something about this guy really irked her. ”round two.” piper’s gaze was unwavering as she glared into his eyes. She didn’t even care about the secondary implications it might give out of context.

”your poochyena. My piplup. One on one.”

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

lady princess

swagger <
bite <
howl <
payback <

: exp

winter ball, winter ball ... oh! that winter ball.

frankly, jon had easily put that fiasco out of his memory. not that his recollection skills were all that great, but he did vaguely remember being disappointed with the date that he had been assigned. still not sure why he had even gone to the stupid thing, nor why he had even opted to a random date. he supposed he had been hoping to get a good date. not some whiny girl.

she was jabbing her finger in front of his face, and jon had to fiercely resist the urge to bite it. maybe lady was rubbing off on him. rolling his eyes, he raised a hand and waved it away, ready to get up and leave. people were watching, and he hated scenes. everyone always assumed he had done something wrong if it was a girl screaming her head off at him. sexism, he called it.

but then she said the words "round two" and jon's attitude did a complete one-eighty. right. they had battled, and ended up getting interrupted. did it even count as a second round if the first one hadn't finished? not that it mattered -- jon could never back down from an obviously easy challenge.

"oh you're on," he sneered, undoing the clasp on lady's leash. she knew what that meant and could practically taste the tension rising, her growl was only intensifying, now that jon had released her snout, and her eyes were narrowed and trained right on the dumb bird on the table. the poochyena hopped off as jon stood up, already prepared for this incoming battle.

"i'll take the handicap and let you go first."

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
peck . ice beam
bubblebeam . bide
exp 02.05

SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOTTA BLEED TO KNOW

perhaps the day was looking up, after all. she felt wild excitement shoot through her the second his response came. couldn't back down from a challenge- she could respect that, certainly. she may not have the most fond of feelings toward him, but at least the guy had the gumption not to slink off like he was just all talk. a sneer crossed her face that mimicked his own. "oh, what a gentleman." her voice was dripping with sarcasm. she didn't need his damn handicap, but she'd take it all the same.

piper had been so riled up that it was easy to forget a.) how inexperienced dill was at battling and b.) how much she hated his moveset. oof. she'd just have to make due. she wasn't about to let this little ass get a win on her, though. so far they were on even ground, even if it was just because that security guy had barged in on their last battle and cut it short. that wouldn't happen this time she hoped. "get to it, dill! bubblebeam!" the piplup immediately jumped into action, leaping from one table to the next as he shot a stream of bubbles at the dark-type hound.

YOU'RE ALIVE AND HAVE A SOUL

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

lady princess

swagger <
bite <
howl <
payback <

sarcastically, jon tipped an imaginary top hat at the word 'gentleman', ironically unaware of the fact that he had done the exact same move the last time the two had met. this girl was unnecessarily upset, and jon welcomed it. this was the most exciting thing that had happened all day (if you didn't count the biker who narrowly missed running into crossing pedestrians earlier) and jon was going to take advantage of it. from what he gathered, this girl was a bit of a spit fire, easy to rile up. he hadn't even done anything, and she had started yelling at him.

the piplup came up and started the battle off, listening to his trainer and letting out a stream of bubbles. jon made no move to warn lady, nor did she make an attempt to dodge it. the opposite, in fact. with a guttural growl, the poochyena charged through the bubbles, taking the brunt of them, but heading straight for the piplup.

"payback," jon said, winking at his opponent, and as the words left his mouth, lady burst through, throwing her entire body at the piplup.

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
peck . ice beam
bubblebeam . bide
exp 02.05

oh, she hated him and yet she couldn't help but smile. that dirty little git knew exactly what he was doing. it wasn't a handicap, it was a plan. for all the fight club meetings he didn't go to, piper suddenly wished desperately that he'd never leave the team. "ass." the word came out as only half a protest- the other half admiration. she wished dill had the moveset to pull that sort of maneuver. she had something similar, though she doubted it would work for more than this moment.

"dill- bide!" left with little time to attack, the piplup had just enough time to start storing energy before taking the hit and fell backing off the table. stubborn as he was, his focus never broke. piper had essentially left her piplup wide open, but she assumed jon wasn't about to risk giving him another hit mid-bide. chairs scraped against the floor as people left their seats to gather around in awe.

445 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
Selection
he
Junior
pkmn ranching
l o l
anything that breathes

piper hobbes

lady princess

swagger <
bite <
howl <
payback <

well, of course. jon knew he shouldn't be surprised. with a pokemon that looked as useless as that, it would only make sense that it knew a move as dumb as bide. all it did was prolong the battle, risking everything on hoping your opponent was dumb enough to think this was an "opening" at all.

a crowd was starting to form, and though jon wasn't bothered about causing a scene, the last thing he wanted was to call attention to the mall security -- again. snorting irritably, he nodded to lady, "show 'em your stuff."

the poochyena had merely been proud that her attack had landed, not questioning why the piplup hadn't moved away at all. it was obviously a call on how fast she was. she spared a quick glance back at jon, and was surprised to see his look of irritation, desperately hoping she hadn't made a mistake. at his command, she let out a sharp bark, marching up to the piplup, starting to puff her chest out and swagger around the smaller blue pokemon.

669 POINTS EARNED
100 POSTS MADE
Research
she/her
Sophomore
pokemon medicine
heterosexual
peck . ice beam
bubblebeam . bide
exp 02.05

"keep your focus, dill." she eyed the piplup warily, knowing his ego could get the best of him at times. rooted to the spot, the penguin pokemon allowed the poochyena to approach without even glancing at it. do what it want, he was grounded to his bide. piper thought, for a hot second, that she might be in the clear. her eyes darted to the side, watching as another bystander shuffled into the crowd and anxiously scanning the area for any sign of security. none yet. last she wanted to do was get in trouble.

when piper's gaze wandered back to her piplup, her heart sank. he was watching the opponent swagger. dammit dill. "what are you doing?" he came to his senses, snapping back to attention but his head was already slightly spinning- energy flowing throughout him as he got pumped to retaliate. that bird brain! piper resisted the urge to groan. this was going to be a losing battle at this rate. she hoped dearly her piplup was good at making contact when confused.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION
PLOTS? TAGBOX? CHECK OUT THE DISCORD FOR MORE!